Designing a modern hotel is a very big and complicated task. You would want to try new things, but there would always be a risk of people not liking it. However, the things described below can help you out.
1. Most people first think of the rooms while designing a hotel. But lobby comes first. Hotels that are able to impress the guests with their lobbies are the ones that are most liked. This area should be very comfortable, as some of the guests might have to wait for some time. Also, there should be proper sitting arrangements formal meetings. It has become a new business trend to hold the small meetings in this area. And, as most of the business deals are done with laptops or tablets, there should be enough sockets at convenient locations.
2. One of the most common problems that guests face in a big hotel is the difficulty of finding restrooms, bars, restaurants or something else. Most of the times there is hotel staff around to help them out, but it would more convenient if they could find everything on their own. For this you can install clear and descriptive signs that go well with your decor. To get the right signs designed, you need hire an experienced custom sticker printing nyc.
3. When it comes to the rooms, you can never too many facilities. The more you add the better. A bed, a table and locker are the bare minimum. Even televisions, DVD players, sofas and extra chairs have become very common nowadays. Besides this, you can also add some cabinets, mini bars and other things that can make the stay more comfortable. Also, be very careful about the colors. If you make the room colorful, it is going to look cheap. You should go for elegance. Use 3 to 4 different shades of a same color along with white. And none of the shades should be too bright.
4. Bathrooms are the key to impressing the guests. Spare no expense while designing the bathrooms and create something absolutely luxurious. Most of the good hotels go for the spa-like bathrooms, and the guests tend to love it. You should have a huge bathtub and waterfall shower. There should all kinds of bath products, and only of an expensive brand. Everything from towels to gowns should be available. You can even add a television adjacent to the bathtub.
5. Everybody likes technology. So, add as much of it as possible. Wi-Fi throughout the building is a must. Besides this, you can have tablets at the reception for letting the guests add their necessary information, and at the restaurant for showing them the menu. You can even have some computers in the lobby for anybody to use.